Mittelalter

 

 

Gürzenich

Gürzenich

The banquetting and festival hall of the citizenry from the 15th century is also known as the city's »Parlour«. Together with the town hall, the Gürzenich is the city's most important early modern secular building, in which large »Carnival sittings« are held annually. It was built from 1441-1447 on behalf of the citizens of Cologne on a piece of land owned by the Gürzenich family.

Gürzenich
Address: GoogleMapsMartinstr. 29-37
50667 Cologne
Phone: 0221/8212121
Fax: 0221/8213430
E-Mail: info@koelnkongress.de
Opening hours: free outside

The ground floor served as a storeroom and sales hall. The large festival hall (23 metres wide and 53 metres long) is located on the first floor. The Gürzenich served as a store, before returning to fulfil its earlier function at the beginning of the 19th century. Since then, it has been the location of events, sittings, and concerts.




Sales Guide:
Sightseeing Map

Download

Sales Guide:
Guided Tours & Programmes

Download
DE EN